Wednesday, November 7, 2007

So what is my dream?

The name of this blog is making a dream. What is my dream? My dream is:

To be able to create art full time and still provide for my family in a manner they are accustomed to living.

How do I plan to do that?

I have had several ideas but right now it is to Build a few businesses that don't need me to run them.

This is a new idea for me.

About 10 months ago I started listening to some books on these topics here is the list:

  • Rich Dad Poor Dad- Robert Kiyosaki
  • How to get Started in Real Estate Investing - Robert Irwin
  • Rich Dad's Advisors the ABCs of Real Estate Investing - Ken McElroy
  • The Richest Man in Babylon - George S. Classon
  • Creating Customer Evangelists - Ben McConnel & Jackie Huba
  • Selling the Proud Profession - Zig Ziglar
  • The Ultimate Sales Success : Motivation from top Success Coaches
  • The New Buffetology - Mary Buffett
  • The Millionaire next door - Thomas J. Stanley and
  • The Millionaire Mind - Thomas J. Stanley
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind - T.Harv Eker
  • the Magic of Thinking Big - David Schwartz
  • The E-Myth Revisited - Michael Gerber
  • The Four-Hour Work Week - Tim Ferris
  • Small is the New Big - Seth Godin
  • Getting Things Done - David Allen
  • Real Estate Investor's College - Dolf De Roos (12 CDs)
  • Choose to be Rich - Robert Kiyosaki (13 CDs)

So those are some of my influences. Many of these books I have read more than twice in the past 10 months. Really. It is all due to the wonder of the iPod and having a 45 minute to an hour commute each way each day. You can listen to a lot of books in that time.

I have learned a lot and I will share what I can. Plus my own insights
Peace
Joseph

No comments: