Thursday, November 8, 2007

Good Goals

Ok... So what about that goal in my last post. It was not a good goal. It is a nice sentement but not a goal. So what makes a goal? I like the SMART goal model

S-pecific
M-easureable
A-tainable
R-esults oriented
T-imebound

I don't think my goal met any of these. well maybe it was realistic but maybe not. If I wanted to do it in a month I don't think it was realisitc. so what aobut it.

I want to have passive income from small web businesses that are self running, equal to or greater than my current income, within 14 Months (not specific enough) by December 2008-Better!

Ok that is a better goal. So now what? Anyone think it is attainable?

A goal has to be inspiring to you, it doesn't matter if others like it or don't it has to be inspiring to you. It also has to be something that is difficult to attain. If it is easy you wont work for it. trust me I have been there. A co-worker of mine says, "No one rises to low expectations." and he is right. so set your goals high and they will be easier to attain. sounds counter intuative but it is the truth.

"I will run through walls to get a free catamiran trip through the
medaterainian, but I might not change brands of cerial to get a tour of
Cleveland Ohio." - Timmothy Ferris - The 4-hour work week

Try it set high goals and then try to reach them. If you are having trouble setting good goals post them and we can work on them together.

Peace

Joseph

No comments: