Saturday, November 17, 2007

Because I Asked!

Ok so here is a perfect example of what I mean by just showing up.


Last Thursday I was thinking about posts for my http://www.feis-dad.blogspot.com/ blog, [quick side bar: a feis is an Irish Dance Competition] . I came up with a great topic. I would write about how I put in a sprung hardwood dance floor when my daughter started dancing seriously. I put up one post. Then I started to work on the next few and realized that I could do a series of reviews of commercially available sprung dance floors in addition to my article about how I did mine. I emailed a few of the manufacturers to see if I could get samples. [this is the part where I just showed up] I figured;
If I didn’t ask then I was saying “no” for them and I wasn’t giving them
the chance to say “yes”, how presumptuous of me!



Well I emailed four companies, three have gotten back to me, two are sending me flooring next week! (one actually asked if I needed it this week...remember I sent the email on THURSDAY what were they going to next day air the flooring? Yep! I told them not to bother that next week was fine.) A third uses a system for securing it that makes it impractical to have just a sample. But they sent me the information on a nearby studio that uses the flooring. I have not heard back from the 4th yet but I expect them to probably say yes.
So how much is this costing me to get? Nothing. They are sending it all to me for free. Why?

Because I Asked!

There is more to this story tomorrow...

No comments: